For eighteen years, we have provided guidance and counselling services for individuals, families, schools and other organizations.
WHO WE ARE
Rapha Counselling Concepts was established in 2003 as a counselling and mentoring outfit for young people and adults who work with young people.
The initiative emanated from the founder’s passion to assist young people to resolve the challenges that impinge on their well- being and development with a view to helping them to achieve a smooth transition into responsible adulthood, and ultimately attain self-actualisation.
We provide guidance and counselling services for individuals, schools and other organisations. Since its inception in 2003, we have satisfactorily met the guidance and counselling needs of her clients.
Our school guidance and counselling services include:
Services for Pupils/Students:
– Study skills improvement
– Classroom learning enhancement
– Management of underachievers
– Career/vocational guidance
– Behaviour Modification – We use evidence based psychological techniques to help individuals to unlearn maladaptive behaviours. We have successfully helped some of our clients to resolve challenges such as pilfering, lie telling, bullying, examination malpractice, truancy and problematic behaviours such as problematic gambling, problematic masturbation, problematic sex, and problematic viewing of pornography.
– Life skills training – Life skills are abilities that help individuals, especially young people to easily navigate through life. Life skills promote mental and physical health, enhance tolerance and consequently supports social harmony. There are adequate scientific evidences that equipping young people with life skills empowers them to avoid harmful behaviours, such as substance use and risky sexual behaviours including sexual violence. Life skills have been found to keep young people away from crime. Moreover, life skills equip young people to focus on personal growth, and hence, promote productivity and self-actualisation.
Our Life Skills training focuses on communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation, assertiveness, peer resistance, refusal; critical thinking and creative thinking; problem solving and decision making; self awareness, including values and value clarification; empathy; self and stress management skills, including goal setting and goal priority, planning, time management, self-care, etc.
– Sexuality education – Our sexuality education programme is developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive and child protection focused. The content includes self- awareness, adjusting to pubertal changes, reproductive health information, relationships and consequences of choices, skills on how to avoid sexual abuse, such as setting body boundaries, assertiveness skills, decision making skills, impulse or self-control skills, goal setting and goal priority, etc. The content is delivered in a child friendly, non explicit and non scary style by only trained professionals.
– Personality Enhancement and Personal Growth Programme – Our personality enhancement and personal growth package is a short – medium term counselling interaction specifically designed to help young people to shape and enhance their evolving personality and equip them with life skills for sustainable personal growth, so that they would live happily, enjoy a smooth transition into responsible and productive adulthood, and actualise their potentials. Essentially, the components include mentoring, life skills training, and modification of identified problem behaviours that could inhibit the individual’s well being, development and growth. The programme is offered to individuals in schools and in non school settings.
Services for Teachers:
– Classroom child handling training
– How to create a positive school/ classroom environment
– Improvement of Classroom teaching efficiency
– Teacher’s image enhancement
– Training on Prevention of child sexual abuse within the school and appropriate response.
– How to prevent substance use among young people
Parenting Services – training and individual counselling:
– How to help children to maximize their potentials.
– Prevention and management of behavioural problems among children
– how to provide sexuality education for children at different developmental stages – What do you tell a three year old boy or girl about sexuality? At what age is your son or daughter old enough to start dating?
- Child sexual abuse prevention within the family and community
- How to protect children and adolescents from substance abuse
- Handling emergent issues in parenting – Should my eight years old have unsupervised access to the internet? Why do young people abuse substances, and how can parents prevent substance use and abuse among young people ?
- Parent child interactional therapy ( PCIT) to help parents resolve relational problems with their children.
- Trauma informed parenting skills training to empower parents to be able to help children who have suffered adverse childhood experiences ( ACEs).
Individual and Group Counselling Services –Services are rendered to individuals on one on one basis and in groups
A Legacy of Innovation
We employ effective processes that help young people to thrive and actualise themselves. Rapha Counselling Concepts brings an integrated approach, years of experience and next generation resources to help young people answer tough questions regarding their development and resolve difficult psychological challenges.
The Rapha Counselling team members are not only experts but are also committed to quality service, innovation and sustainability of results.
Whatever your aspirations, Rapha Counselling Concepts can help you to unlock your potentials for wellbeing and growth. Get in touch today and see how we can help.