For seventeen years, we have provided guidance and counselling services for individuals, families, schools and other organizations.
WHO WE ARE
Rapha Counselling Concepts was established in 2003 as a mentoring and counselling outfit for young people.
The initiative emanated from the founder’s passion to assist young people to resolve the challenges that impinge on their well- being and development with a view to helping them to achieve a smooth transition to responsible adulthood and ultimately attain self-actualisation.
Our firm provides guidance and counselling services for individuals, schools and other organisations. Since its inception in 2003, the firm has satisfactorily met the guidance and counselling needs of her clients who are mostly schools.
Our school guidance and counselling services include:
Services for Pupils/Students:
– Study skills improvement
– Classroom learning enhancement
– Management of under achievers
– Career guidance
– Behaviour therapy – This involves using evidence based psychological techniques to help individuals to unlearn maladaptive behaviours such as stealing, lie telling, oppositional defiant disorder (ODD), bullying, examination malpractice, truancy and behavioural or non substance addictions, such as problematic gambling, problematic masturbation, problematic viewing of pornography, compulsive sex.
– Life skills training – values and value clarification, setting realistic worthwhile goals, planning, decision making, time management, assertiveness , self management skills, etc.
– Sexuality education – Our sexuality education programme is age and developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive and child protection focused. The contents include self- awareness, adjusting to pubertal changes, reproductive health information, relationships and consequences of choices, skills on how to avoid sexual abuse, such as setting body boundaries, assertiveness, skills, decision making skills, impulse or self-control skills, goal and priority setting, etc. The content is delivered in a child friendly, non explicit and non scary style by only trained professionals.
– Personality improvement – The content includes self-awareness, self- concept and self-esteem enhancement, building a positive self-image, character enhancement and etiquette, pro- social skills, etc.
Services for Teachers:
– Classroom child handling training
– How to create a positive school/ classroom environment
– Improvement of Classroom teaching efficiency
– Teacher’s image enhancement
– Training on Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and response.
– Substance Use prevention training
Parenting Services – training and individual counselling on:
– How to help children to maximize their learning potentials.
– Prevention and management of behavioural problems among children
– how to provide sexuality education for children at different developmental stages – What do you tell a three year old boy or girl about sexuality? At what age is your son or daughter old enough to start dating?
- Child sexual abuse prevention within the family and community
- Handling emergent issues in parenting – Should my eight years old have unsupervised access to the internet? Why do young people abuse substances, and how can parents prevent substance use and abuse among young people ?
- Parent child interactional therapy ( PCIT) to help parents resolve relational problems with their children.
- Trauma informed parenting training to equip parents whose children have suffered trauma to be able to facilitate the children’s healing from trauma / PTSD.
Individual and Group Counselling Services –Services are rendered to individuals on one on one basis and in groups
A Legacy of Innovation
We employ effective processes that help young people to thrive and actualise themselves. Rapha Counselling Concepts brings an integrated approach, years of experience and next generation resources to help young people answer tough questions regarding their development and resolve difficult psychological challenges.
The Rapha Counselling team members are not only experts but are also committed to quality service, innovation and sustainability of results.
Whatever your aspirations, Rapha Counselling Concepts can help you to unlock your potentials for wellbeing and growth. Get in touch today and see how we can help.